Last night I entered my gym's spinning studio, which was completely empty, and enjoyed 65 minutes of the best workout I have had in weeks. I strapped on my heart rate monitor, turned my iPod on, and just zoned out on the bike. It felt great!
Many spin instructors don't play country music... the reason is beyond me, because Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, and Eric Church got my heart rate to the highest it's been in months! Between "Country Girls" and "Shake it for Me," there was no shortage of inspiration thinking of all the country concerts I want to attend this summer.
Anyway, I kept thinking about all the things that have happened while I have been spinning...
- Once I thought it would be a great idea to do hand weights while spinning. I know they do this in NYC, but I had never seen anyone do it at my gym. I brought some weights with me and during the class I dropped the weights three times! Yes, not once, not twice, but three times. At the end of the class the instructor came up to me and said that during a spin class I should only focus on spinning, and leave the weights to an other class. I had obviously annoyed her and disrupted the class. My embarrassment was evident when I left the studio red faced and head down.
- I worked up such a sweat that my face was completely soaked, which made my contacts fall out. Luckily, my glasses were in my car, so I could drive home. Although during the class I had to keep my eyes shut from becoming dizzy.
- My spin shoe became stuck in the pedal. Class finished, but I could not wiggle my shoe out of the clip. I had to remove my foot from the shoe, while a group of over 10 people attempted to remove my shoe. No one could get it. I had to tell my gym's front desk that they needed someone to remove my shoe from the pedal, and call me when they figured it out. It was so embarrassing!
- I wore glow necklaces and neon during a spin ride hosted by a famous DJ. (Best Spin Class Ever! Music definitely makes a difference.)
- I made wonderfully fantastic friends!
My sweet friend Christina made this of our workout ladies' birthday club!
What has happened to you while you've been spinning? Or other workout ventures?
I wish you all a lovely Sunday! Ciao.